Monday, November 19, 2007

It's a Mom!

I'm deviating a little with this post, because I want to write about this really great book I'm reading called "It's a Mom!" by Shefali Tsabary. It's a really honest book and so far (I'm not even 1/4th of the way through) tells it like it is. Which, I can tell you, is not what your average book on motherhood does. There are tonnes of books (really good ones, many of them) which talk about what to expect with the pregnancy, birth, and baby, but they all focus on the baby and his/her developmental stages. This one focuses on the mother and her absolutely crazy range of thoughts and emotions from the time she finds out she's pregnant till pretty much forever after that. I'd definitely recommend you pick this one up if you're pregnant or a new first time mother. Be prepared for a tonne of reality though, which you will nod enthusiastically to if you're a new mother glad that, finally, someone undertands, but which might worry you a tad if you're on your way! I know I feel like someone is venting for me as I'm going through the pages! Someone who knows that even though we whine and vent, we wouldn't exchnage this situation for the whole world. Even if it was made of chocolate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read it too and its a fantastic book...