Monday, February 25, 2008
Saturday, February 16, 2008
- I always wake up smiling. If I'm not smiling, it means I have been woken up wrongly. This is wrong, and makes me grumpy.
- I have a Donald Duck that I'm absolutely in love with. Donald Duck is currently facing stiff competition from my yellow bath Duckie, who I like to hold in my hand and sleep.
- When I drink milk, I need my mom or dad's cheek to pull at the same time. Milk just doesn't taste the same without a soft part of my parents to pull at.
- I love to dance. I'm not selective about my music - I'll dance to pretty much anything although I do make sure to change my moves according to the music.
- Sometimes, when I don't get what I want the way I want it, I like to throw myself on the floor and scream loudly. So far, this hasn't worked, but I can't believe it won't. I will keep trying.
- I love drawers and cupboards - they always open up to reveal mysterious and fun things to pull out and collect on the floor. There's a really cool medicine drawer in my house that could give Disneyland a run for it's money.
- I do not like winter clothing. I'd rather be naked.
- I like Baggdu very much. He's what they call a "dog." He's furry and friendly and I like the tickly feeling when he licks my hand.
- Tubes of toothpaste fascinate me endlessly. They're soft and squishy and so much fun to hold in my hand - all the time. In fact, I have spent today walking around with a tube of blue toothpaste that I WILL NOT part with.
- I can roar like a tiger; sometimes, better than a tiger.
- I do not like being in a car. When I'm in a car, and noone is making desperate attempts to keep me entertained, I can make life pretty difficult.
- I love the look on my mom's face when I blow out the food she puts in my mouth...like so - phrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. And again....phrrrrhhhhhhhh. See?! Fun!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
He's lucky to have so many people to love him and be happy to have his antics in their house...I just hope he realizes that when he starts growing up. Meanwhile, I'm sure he's waiting for his next visit to this magical place where they don't seem to have heard the word "no" and there are toys in every drawer!
Monday, February 4, 2008
- WALK!!! He took his first 3 steps on the 28th of Jan, just 3 days before his birthday. The first time he did it, he just walked a little on the bed. Later that evening, I was sitting at the table doing something or the other when I heard little footsteps - and there he was...making his way all the way across from the dining chair to his high chair which is at least 7 baby steps away. Yipee. Now that he knows this makes us happy, it's all he does all day. He can basically walk to whatever his goal destination is, no matter how far across the room. Of course he only aims for things that aren't too far away, and is constantly re-estimating the distance and changing his goal if it seems unachievable. Also, he lunges at the goal towards the end instead of actually taking the last three steps with a big smile on his devil may care face.
- Throw tantrums. That's right - the inevitable has happened. I'll never know how, but he has figured out that sometimes, throwing yourself on the floor and crying bloody murder may get you what you want. I'm trying my best not to give in at all to this display of baby emotion, but I can tell you it's difficult. The temper tantrums are also invoked when things aren't going his way in general - for instance when he's trying to turn on the light and just can't hit the switch in the right place. What does he want me to do about that?
So he's finally hit the big 12 month mark. This year has been the most amazing, tiring, frustrating, happy, introspective, and life changing year that we'll probably ever have. Vijay and I are better and happier people because of it, and we wouldn't trade a minute of the experience for anything. Now if only, we could go watch a movie like the old times just this once:-)