Sunday, March 30, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
It's too bad that Vijay won't get to hear his very own special word from Vir for another couple of weeks. I guess Vir will have practiced enough by the time Vijay is back, and might even be able to write papa by then:-)
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
- He can now whistle like a pressure cooker
- Say "car" (can you believe it, he has said his first words! I thought it was just gibberish when he said it at first, but "car" is officially is first word. He runs to the first car he sees downstairs screaming "car...ca...ca...ca." We're wondering where the Boston accent is coming from.)
- Say "de de"
- Rub his tummy on request
- Pull your nose on request
- Poke your eyes on request and sometimes even point to your lips
- Do yoga and clap for himself
- Fit blocks correctly one on top of the other (and then clap for himself)
- Cover his eyes when you say "chup" - he wants to cover his lips but it never comes out right
- Get into the strangest of situations...like the one today, when he crawled into a cardboard box with some of our moving stuff in it and couldn't get out. I caught him trying to climb out holding on to a nearby chair and putting his feet on the rim of the cardboard box.
- Climb stairs. He runs to the door as soon as he sees or hears it open and makes a dash for the great outdoors. I'm wondering if he's trying to tell us something.
- Very, very clearly communicate exactly what he wants...through a combination of pointing gestures, pointed looks, and extremely pointed and sharp shrieks.
- Understand when I'm mad at him and act like he cares (when all he really cares about is doing the exact same thing I'm mad at him about again as soon as possible)
I get so frustrated with him sometimes for all his antics because he's always getting into things and causing trouble. But everytime I say something about how he's tiring me by making me run around after him all day cleaning up his mess, I say a little prayer thanking god that I have him to run after. I also secretly hope that god will be so impressed with me for this that he will teach Vir to put himself to bed at 8 every day. And I will watch a Friends marathon like in my previous life!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Friday, March 7, 2008
Anyway, yesterday was fun...Vir and I went to the mall...there's a nice play area there that I thought he would enjoy. Or at least there used to be a play area. I discovered that they've taken it down now. So, we just roamed around the mall. We went to Bata to pick out a pair of sandals for him first. I tried a pair on him and put him down so he could walk. I guess they're fine because he walked right out of the store leaving me to pay hurriedly and run out too. Then, we went to a bookstore, which was a tonne of fun. Vir picked out two books for himself...he actually went to two particular books and got really excited about them, so I had to buy them. One is about a fire engine that goes "nee naw" and the other is about a duckling that goes "quack-quack." They both have sound, so all I've heard since then is neenaw quackquack nee quack naw quaaaaackkk neenawneenawneenaw. Nee naw.
We got an ice cream each (I'm all for the health food), and Vir couldn't believe his luck. He would barely finish one bite that he'd be screaming for the next one. I think he was worried I would eat it all.
Anyway, all this activity had tired him out a lot, which was the goal we started the day with. Anything to get him to sleep, because a sleeping baby is a sight for sore eyes. Especially my sore eyes after having run around after him all day. He was out flat in the car...I couldn't even keep him awake till we got home!
All in all, it was a good first date. I think he'll definitely call me again:-)