Friday, October 26, 2007

Independence (or the loosening of ties)

So I'm a little sad. More than a little, perhaps. I have to wean off Vir. I know I have to do it, because he just won't learn to take a bottle or a sippy cup as long as he has the breast milk option. He obviously knows how to make his choices. So, the only way for me to do this is to make a clean break. Only problem is, even though it's been tough, a big part of me has always loved the time he and I have together when I'm feeding him. Now, I feel like I'm breaking a connection. Never again will he depend on me in quite the same way again.

I hope he takes this next week well...I know he won't, actually. And I guess I won't either. But at the end of tunnel is a sippy cup full of formula being gulped happily by the so-far-very-stubborn-Vir.

No comments: