Thursday, December 20, 2007

Plonk

Mashui is leaving for a month (or maybe forever) and I'm stuck because now I have no one to watch Vir while I work. I could go away to Dehradun where my parents will be happy to watch him, but that's not a long term solution. What if Mashui doesn't come back? Eventually, I suspect, my parents will kick me out, though they'll keep Vir. Or I could find another maid, but somehow, that's not very promising. So, Vijay and I have looked at a couple of day cares where we can send him for about 4 hours or so a day. If we juggle our schedules well enough, it'll only have to be 4 hours. I'll still have some work time left after he's back from day care, which I will cover in the evenings. This whole thing is so stressful because the thought of leaving him away in some "place" is not a happy one. I just want to try it out though - make an honest effort to balance the many parts of my life. If it doesn't work out, I'll have to try something else, because Vir will always be a priority. Something tells me I'm much more bothered about this than he will be...he's been pretty good at adapting to new situations so far. And a situation with lots of other kids, toys, and people willing to play with him all the time has got to be agood one!

We're taking him today for an hour to see how he reacts. Our fingers are crossed and I admit, hearts a little heavy. No fair...I want parenthood to be easy.

No comments: