Sunday, April 4, 2010

Questions from a three year old

"Mamma...America mein curtains kyun nahin hote? Blinds kyun hote hain?"


"Papa...fighter plane mein se smoke kyun aati hai? Normal plane se kyun
nahin aati?"


"Mamma...jab main table hilata hun, toh uske upar wala lamp kyun hilta
hai?"

It's amazing the details he observes now. Thank God for the internet. Next time he asks me something I don't know, I'll pretend to be too busy on my computer to answer immediately, frantically pull up Wikipedia, then turn around and knowingly explain the working of aeroplanes or rockets or whatever else his little brain wants to know, thereby maintaining my 'mamma-knows-everything-I-must-always-listen-to-mamma-reputation.'

I can't believe I think this way though - trying to impress my own silly little son through pretend Wikipedia induced knowledge. I bet Wikipedia can't cure such madness. For now though, I'll be happy if it can tell me why there are blinds in America instead of curtains.

No comments: