Monday, June 25, 2007

Moving on to bigger things

Vir had his first cereal on the 23rd of this month! It was SO exciting to be able to give him something solid, or at least semi-solid for the first time. Well, I guess I had cheated a little once, a couple of weeks ago, and given him a tiny bit of mashed banana, but let's ignore that. This was his first legal helping of anything other than milk. It was pretty hilarious too. I took a really long time to prepare the cereal, trying to get it just right. Vijay switched on his video camera as I tried to get Vir excited about the upcoming new experience and sat him down on my lap. Baggdu realized something important was about to happen and arose from his usual state of slumber. Finally, I put a small amount of Cerelac on a spoon and brought it gingerly to his lips to give him the slightest taste. Before I knew it, Vir had grabbed the spoon and lunged at it with his mouth open and shoved the entire thing in his mouth.He realized soon enough that this was far from what he had expected, made a disgusted face, and emitted the entire thing from his mouth. This process was repeated a few times and thus ended his first solid meal. It was a lot of fun. He is now allowed to sample from quite a long menu - daal, cerelac, banana, papaya, sooji, soup, stewed apple, and other stuff along these lines. The only downside I can see is that his poop is now much more offensive than the non smelly stuff I've gotten used to in the last almost 5 months. He doesn't seem to think that's a big deal. In fact, sometimes I think he poops just so he can see the expression on my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see Vir ysterday. He is growing up to be such a peaceful baby. I can almost see him as one of thise kids who will respect women as he grows up and I don't say that only because he sat through the random X- rated conversations we were having. the kind we will cease to even whisper in front of him in another 6 months ;-)

Good work Mommy! Your hard work is paying up and Vir's coming along really fine.