Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dr. Seuss is my friend

I had a really great trip to the bookstore the other day, ostensibly to buy books for Vir but really, I thought they would be more for me because he's so young for books. I got that one wrong! He LOVES them. I should have discovered Dr. Seuss as a kid, but he's as much fun for adults - so it's so much fun reading his books out to Vir. Shroopie and Ajesh have discovered Dr. Seuss too and now also keep buying books - also "ostensibly" for Vir!! I can't blame them. Who can resist a book that reads:

You can think up some birds
That's what you can do
You can think about yellow
Or think about blue

You can think about red
You can think about pink
You can think up a horse
Oh, the THINKS you can think!

Oh think thinks you can think up
If only you try
If you try, you can think up
A guff going by!

Vir has a great time with the colors and the rythm in all of Dr. Seuss' books. And I have a wonderful time watching him respond the way he does. I know reading time will always be my favorite! I hope he always loves it the way he does now.

No comments: