Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm so thrilled

Vir actually said "Mani" today - clear as clear can be! And not just once...multiple times. Of course, it would be more polite to say mamma instead of calling me by my name, but there's time for manners yet.

He's trying to talk all the time now. There's a language only he can understand that he's very fluent in. But there are also several words from English/Hindi that he's picked up: car, dede (give me), bucket (comes out batit), mani, papa, nana, mamamama, and ball (comes out bal). I can't wait for when he's talking talking, so we can have real heart to hearts. Maybe he'll finally be able to tell me what elusive thing he wants to eat and I can get it for him, and he will finally eat an actual meal!! Or he can tell me knock knock jokes. Or his opinion on the climate debate. So far, all indications are that in this particular area, he has not taken to his father. He's definitely on the chatty side of the spectrum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI MOM. yOU WRITE WELL. BUT i SEE MORE OF THE MOTHER IN YOU IN DECIPHERING VIR'S LANGUAGE. FONDLY DAD